Providing meaningful financial information so you can make informed business decisions
Effective financial management is the key to success of all business concerns. But finance is not just about maintaining books and records so you can produce yearly accounts for the taxman. It is about being able to access meaningful financial information when you need it, and using this as a powerful tool to inform day-to-day operational and long-term strategic decision making.
This service is for all three-thinking businesses and organisations who want to improve their financial management processes. Whether you need help getting to grips with the books and records, delivering innovative and insightful management or board reports, or developing a range of scenario plans to steer your organisation through uncertain times, we can help.
Consultancy can be provided on an ongoing basis for a fixed number of days per quarter or on adhoc basis for a particular piece of work, for instance if you want to assess the financial viability of a proposed project or an office relocation.
The key benefits of support include:
- Reassurance of financial expertise at a fraction of the cost of a full time finance specialist
- Business support from an organisation that shares your values
- Confidence that the numbers are under control so you can focus on running your business
- The knowledge to make effective business decisions fully informed by the financial situation
- Reduced risk and uncertainty
- Support with creating and delivering against business goals and milestones
Some examples of the services we offer:
- Financial budgets, plans and forecasts including scenario planning
- Financial analysis and reporting for management, board or trustees
- Financial process analysis and improvement
- Cost management
- Investment appraisal /cost-benefit analysis
- Project accounting and effort tracking
- Product profitability analysis
- Financial mentoring for non financial experts
- Development of performance management indicators
- Liaison with your external accountant/auditor
- Business start up support
- Purple mapping
- Add a business
- Standards And Guides
- Can I add a business to the map?
- Do ethical standards labels approve brands or products?
- Does BUAV approved differ from a product claim of â€˜not tested on animalsâ€™?
- Have the ethical credentials of businesses on the map been verified?
- How are a businessâ€™s ethics demonstrated in its mapping entry?
- How are organic products certified, labelled and categorised in the directory?
- How are vegetarian and vegan options more environmentally sustainable?
- How do â€˜Ethics keywordsâ€™ and â€˜Ethical standards labelsâ€™ differ?
- What are BAFTS and WFTO members?
- What are the ethical considerations when buying jewellery?
- What do the terms organic, biodynamic and permaculture mean?
- What does paraben-free mean?
- What is a three-thinking business?
- What is the difference between Fairtrade and fairly-traded?
- Community networks
- Content partners
You are here
Get in touch
Our consultancy services are led by one of our Directors,
More about Chris
Chris has a straightforward, calm approach and is able to explain financial management and accountancy requirements in a way that the non
financial expert can understand.
- Director, Community Food Non-profit